Bar/Bat Mitzvahs & Weddings DIY Backdrop Design
Style Me Pretty put together a fabulous tutorial back in 2013 showing how simple it is to create your own Wax Paper Backdrop. The tutorial may be almost 3 years old already but this classically-chic design is pretty much timeless. This event decor works well if you’re planning a Bar/Bat Mitzvah or a birthday party as well. Talk to a Versatile Event Designs event consultant about using our special lighting effects to transform this wedding backdrop into a colorful Birthday-Bash-Drop. You can reach us at 1.800.924.0845
How To Create Your Wax Paper Backdrop
- Fold waxed paper sheet in half to form a square and cut out circle shape.
- Cut circle in half and set aside. Cut crochet string to desired length and tie a slip knot on one end.
- Fold half-circle into cone shape by turning the corners in towards each other so that they overlap. Secure cone shape by stitching in and out of where the paper overlaps.
- Fill length of string with cones, leaving about a finger’s width of space between each cone.
- Prepare the ribbon by trimming a clean angled end. To keep end from fraying and unraveling, lightly singe the ribbon’s edge. Thread the ribbon through the slip knot loops.
- Synch down slip knots to hold cone strands in place. Leave about a finger’s width between each strand.
- Trim away the tails of the slip knots.
- Continue to repeat this process until length of ribbon is full.